Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Back on track...

Finally, we are all on the same page!

All students should have the vocabulary sheet (3.1) completed by the start of class tomorrow. I will be collecting the worksheet tomorrow after reviewing the vocabulary terms.

Today, we began to discuss what we can learn about ancient Egypt from artwork which was left behind. We were able to infer that fish was a big part of their diet, they lived in a hot climate, and were hard workers by looking at a painting. We will continue to look at Egypt from many perspectives as we move on. We will also spend some more time looking at artifacts from Egypt (currency, clothing, games, photographs, etc.).

Remember to check the wiki from time to time. The new vocabulary terms are all posted there as are all of the essential questions for the unit.

4 comments:

MacK 6 said...

Sadly, I wasn't able to attend school today. I have a fever of 101.7. I didn't bring my afternoon binder home, so I can't work on the vocab sheet. I don't even know if I will be well enough to go to school tommorow. :(

Cameron-3 said...

I tried to put definitions in for 3.1 but the page is protected.

Cameron-3 said...

nevermind....i just didn't log in so when i logged in it was fine.

Mr. Winand said...

@MacK - It was great to have you back in class today!

@Cameron - I'm glad you figured it out! Thanks for taking the time to post and edit!