Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back from the Break!

It seems like forever since the last time I blogged...

In class today we began to talk about Egypt. This is the third unit of the year and I hope to be able to complete it before we have our long break at the end of December. If not, there will be some sort of assessment before our week+ off.

Class periods 1, 2, 3, and 6 have now all been grouped for the unit and are ready to go. Group assignments are posed on the classroom wiki. All assessments from the last unit were returned and we had a discussion about them. Students also received their first vocabulary sheet (3.1) of the unit and had some time to get it started. There may be a little time for that tomorrow, but I want us to begin discussing the terms as well.

I was pulled from my period seven class for a meeting so I did not have the chance to do the same thing that period. Period 7 students had time to work on the new vocabulary sheets independently while others finished the assessments from last week. The same was done for period 8.

Tomorrow we will begin talking about the geography of Egypt along with the new vocabulary!

No comments: