Monday, December 20, 2010

Extra Credit (Re-Posted) and Quiz (New)

Extra Credit
I am willing to give extra credit points to students who give a presentation on any of the following pre-approved topics (presentations should be between 3-6 minutes) and must be done before the end of the unit.

Places: Lake Nasser, Aswan Dam, Cairo, Alexandria

People: Gamal Abdel Nasser, Muhammed Hosni Mubarak, Mohammed Anwar El-Sadat, Zahi Hawass

If you plan on doing a presentation, bring in an article or biography (which can be printed from the internet) that you read about the topic. Important points should be highlighted and you should have some notes written down. Questions?

Quiz
Vocabulary--
01. Nubia:
02. Delta:
03. Cataract:
04. Silt
05. Nile (River):
06. Pharaoh:
07. Dynasty:
08. Absolute Power:
09. Regent:
Question--
01. Describe the geography of the Nile River Valley and explain how the Nile River has impacted the region.

6 comments:

MacK 6 said...

Will we have time in class to do any of our presentations tommorow or the next day???

Mr. Winand said...

@MacK - We SHOULD have time tomorrow after the quiz. If not, we will have time on Wednesday for sure!

MacK 6 said...

Okay great!! I am not sure if I will be able to get it done by tomorrow but it will definetily be ready Wednesday! I am searching for those tiny African islands right now :)

Cameron-3 said...

hey Mr. Winand...you never did the vocab work Giza with us and you're going to be collecting it tomorrow.

MacK 6 said...

I am actually probably doing three power point presentations. I hope you have time for it tomorrow. :) I am doing them on the guy you said, and some of the Egyptian Gods. I only said some because from what I know there are a lot!!! Is that OK???

Mr. Winand said...

@Cameron - I know and I will explain tomorrow.

@MacK - That sounds great, and you can have the whole period if you need it!