Thursday, September 30, 2010

Prehistory Preview

Today we took a look at section two of chapter one in our text. We are starting to think more about prehistory. Tomorrow we will begin a more in-depth look at the following topics: 'inventing' fire, the Stone Age, early farming, and the domestication of plants and animals.

Tomorrow we will have a special guest teacher. Mr. Weiss, a good friend of mine and fellow teacher, will be filling in for me as I have the funeral of a family member that I must attend. Mr. Weiss is somewhat of an amateur archaeologist himself and has been credited with finding several interesting Civil War era artifacts. I trust that my students will be well-behaved and treat Mr. Weiss with the respect he deserves.

Since I will not be in class tomorrow, I will be sure to post a discussion question that can be commented on here. Check back after school tomorrow! Have a great weekend and I hope you all have done well on the continents/oceans map quiz...

No comments: