Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Smokin' Gun

House-Today we had a one-hour delay schedule which allowed us time to meet as a house and create a house banner. My house used a variety of artistic images and photographs to decorate our banner. Although we did not have enough time to finish, I am happy with the progress that we made.

In social studies class, we finished discussing the new vocabulary by talking about evidence. Evidence is the 'proof' that scientists (and social scientists) use to make predictions and answer questions about the past. We spoke about the role evidence can play in a trial and compared that to artifacts which help us to understand prehistory. After all, prehistory is the time before written records were kept; without evidence we wouldn't know anything!

Tomorrow we will spend the period completing a BDA Reading Activity in groups. Friday will be the date of our first map quiz. By this point, maps should all be labeled and all students should be able to identify the continents and oceans.

2 comments:

MacK 6 said...

I know it is really late but, I don't have to study for the quiz. I am anyway!!!

Mr. Winand said...

Thanks for the wake up at 10:16 PM! I'm glad you are working hard, Mack. I am sure you will do well!