Friday, March 4, 2011

Ancient Greece Project

Today I introduced the ancient Greece project that we will begin working on this Monday.  Students will be expected to research a person (or diety) from ancient Greece and complete a creative writing assignment.  Students will be encouraged to create a song, rap, or poem pertaining to their 'character' and present their final product to the class.  What I would really like to do is create a book of 'projects' for each class that I teach and perhaps have a 'best of' book' printed and bound to be on display at our district learning fair.  It is going to be very important that students keep pace during this long term assignment.

Feel free to post any comments or questions...

For more information, visit my wiki and click on the Greece Project tab or click on the link below:

http://mrwinandsclass.wikispaces.com/Ancient+Greece+Project

6 comments:

MacK 6 said...

You should make the book at the learning fair filled with the best projects instead of best classes....... but I don't care. :)
I could tell you posted and not Brad. No offense Brad!!! HAHA!!

Cameron 3 said...

about how lond will we have to do the project?

Mr. Winand said...

@MacK - That is what I meant; I would pick the top 3-5 per class and include them in a book of the best of the best...

@Cameron - I am thinking it should take us about a week and a half to get the whole thing done from start to finish... But, who knows!

Cameron 3 said...

ok.

MacK 6 said...

hello??????????????????

Mr. Winand said...

Hi MacK! Thanks for the reminder...