Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Map Quiz

Students were quizzed on their knowledge of the geography of the modern Middle East today in class. With one week to prepare, I think it is safe to say that all students were given enough time to learn the locations of the places I assigned.

It appears that most students either earned an A or an F. This is not uncommon. The bottom line is that students either choose to study (and do well) or choose not to study (and fail). All hope is not lost! I will have something in store for those who messed up which I will discuss in class tomorrow. Better yet, there will be many more quizzes just like this where you can prove yourself.

Students have also been given two vocabulary sheets to complete (2.3 & 2.4). I hope that these are complete (or nearly complete) by the start of class tomorrow. We will spend tomorrow discussing the vocabulary and Friday discussing some key concepts. Monday of next week will be dedicated to reviewing unit two and Tuesday we will have the unit two assessment. Students should be logging on to my wiki page to work on the study guide.

4 comments:

Simon Merkel said...

i couldn't change the color of the font in the wiki and i put my name next to it. hope it wont be a problem. i tried to change it but it wouldnt it stayed red.

Simon Merkel said...

i couldn't change the color of the font in the wiki and i put my name next to it. hope it wont be a problem. i tried to change it but it wouldnt it stayed red.

Mr. Winand said...

@Simon - No worries! I will talk a little bit about this in class today. I just decided it would make more sense to use this format. I will show you how to do it in class...

Thanks for taking the time to try it out.

MacK 6 said...

I hope everything is okay Mr. Winand. Hope to have good news that everything is alright.