Friday, November 5, 2010

End of Marking Period One

Congratulations! You have made it through the first quarter as a middle school student. I can honestly say that this is quarter flew by faster than any other before.

Overall, there were a lot of very high grades in my social studies classes. Unfortunately, not everyone was successful this quarter. It is important to know that we have a long way to go this year, and none of you can be counted out. I hope you are all ready to work hard, as the second quarter will probably go by faster than the first!

While students worked in groups today, I took some time to go over grades with a few students who were on the borderline between one grade and the next as well as those who still owed me some assignments. I did not get a chance to meet with every student, but I think that I have addressed all of those who were in need. I will be finalizing my grades this weekend and the book is now closed for most students.

On Monday, we will continue to discuss the Fertile Crescent Empires. Please bring your graphic organizers and be ready to finish them in class on Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

BradleyK 6 said...

Yea!! Made through a quarter! LOL

Cameron-3 said...

1/12 done with middle school.