Monday, October 18, 2010

Transition to Unit Two

Now that we have completed unit one, we will begin our study of the Fertile Crescent. The first thing that we needed to do was to select new groups. Groups were assigned randomly (three or four students per group). We will remain in these groups for the duration of this unit.

We also took some time to review the assessment from Friday. There were a few groups who didn't do as well as I would have liked, and it will be up to them to come and talk to me within the next few days regarding improving their grades. Feel free to stop by at lunch or during 9th period study hall.

Start thinking about the phrase 'Fertile Crescent' before class tomorrow...What do you think it means?

2 comments:

MacK 6 said...

I think the Fertile Crescent is a region in a continent with rich soil for farming and crescent for the shape. When I think of fertile I think of soil that is capable to farm on and crescent reminds me of a type of shape or emblem. So, I am guessing that the next unit will be on how people would farm because of the geography of the Fertile Crescent.

Bri.MarieROX said...

A very fertile farming land!