Monday, October 4, 2010

The Internet and Communication

For those of you reading this and thinking, what in the world is this guy talking about, this is for a graduate class that I am taking...

The question is, how has the internet (and blogging) changed the way teachers communicate with students and parents? Those of you who are regulars here know the answer to that question. Blogs help the teacher reach their audience at all times. For instance, my students check out my blog when they are absent and can see what they missed. Students can post questions on the blog or become engaged in a discussion about all sorts of topics. Parents are able to stay informed as to what their children are learning in class and become more involved in their education. Overall, using a blog as an educational tool has made me a better teacher and provided my students with greater opportunities.

Students: How do you use my blog? How do your parents use it?

What do you guys think? Post your comments...

2 comments:

Cameron-3 said...

I use this blog to learn more about what we are learning in class.

Mr. Winand said...

@Cameron - Very good; Do your parents ever look at the blog?

@Everyone - Let me know if your parents check out the blog...