Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Finishing the Egypt Unit

In class today, we talked about ending the Egypt Unit. I think we will be able to accomplish that by the end of next week. There are five 'essential questions' that we need to discuss, and I plan on introducing one each day for the next five days. The format of my class will be as follows: 1. We will begin with the QOD; 2. I will introduce an essential question and give you whatever information that you will need to apply the concept(s); 3. I will take some time to discuss key terms and review the map of the southern portion of Africa; 4. I will provide students with time to work in their groups to complete the assignments given.

Be aware of the following due-dates and assessments:
Vocabulary Sheets 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 will be collected on January 6th (Thursday)
The Three Egyptian Kingdoms Graphic Organizer will be collected on January 7th (Friday)
There will be a quiz on the countries of the southern portion of Africa on January 11th (Tuesday)
The 2nd Egypt Assessment will probably take place on January 13th or 14th (Thursday/Friday)

1 comment:

MacK 6 said...

Cool there a lot of tiny islands around Africa, but I WILL beat Cameron this time. :)