Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Famous Greek Americans (E.C.)

Are you interested in earning some extra points in social studies class this marking period?  If so, you are in luck!  All you have to do is pick a famous Greek American from Wikipedia's List of Greek Americans, do a little bit of research, and present your information to the class.  You may read what you find on Wikipedia, but remember that it is wise to look at other sources too!

Here is what I am looking for:
1)  Who are you talking about?  Perhaps you want to have a picture to show the class...
2)  Why are they famous?  How are they important?
3)  What accomplishments have they made?
4)   If you can find out, how did they go about immigrating to the United States?  If they are not a first-generation Greek-Americans, how did their family immigrate to the United States and when?
5)  Provide any other details that you think are important or interesting!

Better yet (added 02/10/2011) - Can you tell me how being Greek has influenced their lives?  For example, Greek stories, traditions, mythology, philosophy, etc...

Make a poster, make a PowerPoint, or do whatever it takes to make your presentation interesting (3-5 minutes would be the ideal length)!  Please turn in a copy of whatever articles that you use (or obtain information from) to create your presentation.  Feel free to highlight and/or write notes on the articles themselves.  If you have any questions, feel free to post them or ask me in class.

Good Luck!

5 comments:

Cameron-3 said...

I'll be ready!!!! (: p.s. nothing happened yett. :(

Mr. Winand said...

@Cameron - I can't wait to see what you come up with this time! Oh, and I thought you weren't going to tell me because I have a big mouth?!

Cameron-3 said...

well i didn't tell you the details. THE DETAILS. like the deep details. to me those aren't deep. ;) I'll think about it t=and tell you tomorrow. It might not even be true.

Cameron-3 said...

and don't worry, my project is gonna be BIG. ;)

MacK 6 said...

My powerpoint will probably be 15 slides long which I think will take longer than 3-5 min. I can split it up if you want me too. And you are a big mouth!!!! Haha! I know something about Cam's relationship that I won't tell him. I am so cruel!!! HAHA!