Tuesday, February 8, 2011

and then there was DEMOCRACY

Today students were expected to finish their BDA assignment and begin to answer the newest essential question.  Be sure that it is complete and ready for me to review at the start of class. 

Tomorrow we will spend the majority of the period discussing democracy.  Begin to think about the ways in which democracy has impacted the world.  Have those changes been goodBad?  What do you think? 

Note:  Maps of Europe are coming soon!  Maybe even tomorrow!

4 comments:

Catherine Green said...

Hi Mr. Winand. I have a question for you. One of my group's questions that we did not answer was "what is a cobbler?" We saw a picture in the book of a cobbler and we didn't know what it was so we put it down on our paper. But here is the problem, I don't have the book with me. When I tried to look it up in a dictionary, all that appeared was a desert and a shoe maker. Please help me.

Mr. Winand said...

@Catherine - Unlike you, I have my book at home. I saw the picture, and based upon the images surrounding the man who is working at what appears to be some sort of work bench, I believe he was a shoe-maker. Either way, no worries! I know that you tried...

Speaking of cobbler, what do you think of peach?

Cameron-3 said...

I think democracy was bad at that time because it said in the book that many people were enslaved because they didn't meet the requirements (like parents that were from the Athens.) Very few would make the "cut". I think that it was dsad because they really didn't do anything wrong.

MacK 6 said...

I am gonna beat Cameron! I'm gonna beat Cameron!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!