Monday, February 17, 2014

The Curse of King Tut

Will we ever have a full week of school?  I'm sure we will... eventually!  Anyway, last week was cut short, so we will continue where we left off.  We have finished our discussion of ancient Egyptian religion.  I would still like to complete the mummification lab - although time is running out.

This week, we will focus on the curse of King Tut (a popular lesson with my students) and then ancient Egyptian culture.  It is important for students to understand that we only know what we know about ancient Egypt because of research and discovery.  The fact that Tut's tomb was uncovered shed some light on what life was like in his era.  The artifacts collected spoke volumes.  Think about the work of archeologists and anthropologists this week.  The video I will show in class will be a great transition to this area of study.

My honors students will take a slightly different route this week.  There is a project due on Friday which should be complete and shared with me via Google Presentations or whichever program they decided to use.  Some class time will be allotted for tying up loose ends.  All students have been given a copy of the rubric which includes grades for both the presentation itself and delivery.  At this point, I am not changing the due date.  I expect to begin presentations early next week.

All of my classes will begin transition to studying ancient Greece within the next two weeks.  There are three more units of study this year.  The final two units will take up the fourth marking period.

No comments: