Sunday, February 2, 2014

Egyptian Religion

Last week, I was unable to publish my post.  Unfortunately, I have been battling an illness.  Although I feel better than I did, I still have not recuperated completely. I hope to get this week off to a better start.

General Classes

Last week, students took a quiz on the countries of Southern Africa. Most of the students did very well demonstrating that they studied. I was especially pleased to find out that many of them have downloaded free apps which helped them prepare. My students also completed a type three writing assignment regarding the three kingdoms of ancient Egypt. On a separate post, I will provide a model essay written by myself.

This week, I will begin by reviewing the student's notes about ancient Egyptian religion. By the end of the week, we should have completed the topic. There will be a current events assignment due on Friday (periods 1, 3, 4, and 6).

Note:  Grades are up-to-date for all classes with the exception of period three.  Unfortunately, a fire alarm interrupted their quizzes - more time will be given on Monday.  To make matters worse, their essays need some work as well.  I hope to have grades updated by the middle of the week.

Honors Classes

Last week, students spent two days in the library researching various topics concerning modern Egypt. Thanks to Mrs. Diaz, students were given a mini-lesson on appropriate resources. She also worked with students as they compiled information. Students read, and recorded notes on, the story Aida. This reading will be reinforced when we travel to the high school for the musical. My students also completed a map quiz regarding the countries of Southern Africa. Most students did very well.

This week, students will continue to work in small groups. We will also discuss ancient Egyptian religion as well as the three kingdoms.  They will complete a type three writing assignment this week. I will also be checking their notes.

No comments: