Monday, December 2, 2013

Back to School... and the Fertile Crescent

I hope that you all enjoyed the extended weekend; I know that I did.  I had a lot of fun with my loved ones and I assume that you all did as well.  Hmm... Are you ready for a type one writing prompt?

Giving thanks...

Giving thanks is important, but not just one day a year.  From the perspective of a:

Geographer - Give thanks for the Earth (and the processes that shape it)!
Historian - Give thanks for the many great people who came before us and for their contributions to humanity - those that have been recorded, anyway.
Economist - Give thanks for Black Friday!  Seriously, though, give thanks for all that we have both tangible and intangible.
Political Scientist - Give thanks for the laws that protect us; keeping us safe from the dangers of the world is very important.
Behavioral Scientist - Give thanks for our cultures.  Always remember that we are not all the same - that is a good thing!

As we get back to the classroom, we will have some time to review the major civilizations of the Fertile Crescent.  At some point, there will be a test (I'm guessing the week of the 9th).  Then it will be on to Egypt!

All of the students in my honors sections should have been preparing for the upcoming debates.  Don't wait until the last minute to prepare!  If you need help, ask to see me during POWER period and I will help you find your way.

See you on Tuesday!

No comments: