Thursday, October 4, 2012

Presidential Election

QOD:  What do you know about the upcoming Presidential election?  If you aren't sure, what would you like to know about the election?

We spent most of the period discussing the upcoming election.  We discussed the role of the Electoral College as well as voting and legislation in American Government.  Today was used to discuss a very important current event and I was amazed at the interest level of the students and their insights.  I hope that we can spend more time discussing the events that are impacting our lives today as the year goes on.

Aside from that, please understand that my own political opinions are never discussed in class.  The students do most of the talking and I merely guide them along.  When asked a question, I give a factual answer free of opinion.

Remember, Fridays are for current events!

No comments: